Between the hype swirling about new “miracle” ingredients and complicated lists that may feel like you need a Ph.D. in chemistry to decipher, it’s hard to know what actually works. How do you decode the lists of anti-wrinkle cream ingredients on products you find at the store?
We’re bringing in the Kristals beauty & skincare experts to see what they recommend as the best anti-wrinkle cream ingredients – so you can cut through the clutter and get to the good stuff, whether you’re choosing a cream, moisturizer, or serum.
Kristals Tips: Best Anti-wrinkle Cream Ingredients
This vitamin A derivative has proven effects to stop wrinkles while boosting collagen and elastin production. Retinol is one of the very best anti-wrinkle cream ingredients you can find.
Here’s a small selection of what Kristals offers with retinol:
- Kristals SAPPHIRE Retinol Age Correcting Cream (sapphire + retinol + zinc + vitamin E)
- Kristals SAPPHIRE Retinol Firming & Lifting Eye Cream (sapphire + retinol + vitamin E + shea butter)
These are specific vitamins like vitamin C, A and E that fight the free radical oxygen molecules that age our skin. Some of them even help stimulate collagen (hello, vitamin C!) and promote the repair of skin cells.
A lot of Kristals products have antioxidants plainly because they are immensely powerful. Here are a few:
- Kristals GOLD 24K Gold Eye Perfecting Cream (gold + vitamin A + vitamin E)
- Kristals PEARL Neck & Chest Extra Firming Cream (pearl + vitamin E + vitamin B5 + boron)
- Kristals AMBER product line (amber + vitamin C + vitamin E + vitamin A + red algae)
These proteins help bind moisture to promote hydration and seem to have positive effects on improving intercellular communication to help skin cells repair themselves. On labels, you’ll see them referred to by their specific names, like Tetrapeptide-26, Tetrapeptide-7 and oligopeptide.
A few stellar Kristals products contain peptides – let’s highlight the following:
- Kristals GOLD 24K Gold Facial Perfecting Serum (gold + our exclusive Matrixyl 3000 peptide + palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7)
- Kristals AVENTURINE Collagen Booster Gel [aventurine + Chronogen (Tetrapeptide-26)]
Derived from vitamin B3, niacinamide is great for treating dark spots or discoloration that comes from sun damage or simply the passage of time, in addition to being an anti-aging wonder. It’s also helpful for treating skin inflammation and acne.
Anti-wrinkle Kristals products with vitamin B3 include:
- Kristals AVENTURINE Collagen Booster Serum (aventurine + vitamin B3 + vitamin B5 + vitamin E + Matrixyl 3000 peptide)
This is a highly recommend moisturizing agent that dermatologists recommend time and again, since hydrated skin usually looks full and radiant.
There you have it: 5 of the best anti-wrinkle cream ingredients so you can make sure your skincare investments are worth it and you can get the results you seek!